Sunday, October 7, 2018

A Cautionary Tale

Please, please, please be careful with your rotary cutters!  They are so very sharp, and I know we get used to using them and don't always think about how sharp they are.  Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself.  Anyway, the other day I was doing some cutting, just a small little bit, and the rotary cutter jumped up onto the ruler and shaved a small piece of skin off my finger.

Boy, did that hurt!!  I immediately tried to stop the bleeding and put a bandage on it.  It bled right through.  So I gave in to MisterStitches's suggestion that he drive me to Urgent Care.

  It wasn't a big cut at all, just sliced off a little bit of skin, but it sure bled.  I kept wrapping more and more layers of kleenex around my finger while I waited.  It actually took quite a while for the PA to get the bleeding to stop.   I was told that if a capillary gets cut off at an angle it can be hard to stop the bleeding.  




Now, of course, I am just fine.  Although not as good as new!  That will take a little healing time.  It's very challenging to type with this plastic thing on my finger!

And guess what!  There was my protective glove, lying right there beside me on the cutting mat.  Of course.  You know, I almost always use it.  I bet I'll use it even more often now!


No comments:

Post a Comment