Friday, March 1, 2019

Retreat 2019

We had a wonderful time at retreat this year.  There were twenty-four of us there, which made a very nice group.  A friend of mine, Lori, had given me a printed fabric panel which says, "What happens at  quilt retreat stays at retreat."  I added some borders to it, and it stood on a little easel on our welcome table.  It helped (as if we needed any help!) to remind us that retreat is all about having fun.




This year's Quilt of Valor block was a simple foundation pieced scrappy block sewn on a sheet of phone book paper!  They will go together to make a very nice quilt.  Eight inches was the biggest square that I could get out of the phone book, so that's our size.  I'll need to add a border or two.  Here are some of them sewn together.  The little blue dots are actually tape telling me the row and column number so I could keep them all straight.






And I made progress on the 2018 Quilt of Valor that we made at last year's retreat.  I got a backing pieced for it, and with the help of a couple friends, it is now sandwiched and all I have to do is quilt it.

Retreat is always a very cozy time for me.  The weather outside may be challenging, and this year it was colder than usual.  I don't think any of us used the hot tubs this year, as it was just too cold to think about getting out of the hot tub!  But inside it was warm and cozy, as usual.  The hum of machines and the smell of hot fabric being ironed really appeals to me!

In light of my recent broken bones (last December), Kalynn encouraged everyone to wrap me up in pieces of batting to protect me from further mishap.  I looked like a mummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment