Friday, May 8, 2020

Phone Carrying Case

For a while I have been wanting a carrying case for my iPhone.  I want it just for use at home, to wear over my shoulder so I can keep my phone handy when the clothes I'm wearing don't have a pocket.  I saw a woman one day on the street who had a regular-looking phone case, except that it had a long strap connected to it, and she was wearing it over her shoulder.

So I looked around for one to buy.  Amazon to the rescue!  I found only one, and it said that it fit my phone model.  I wondered about that, because the opening on the back of the phone case for the camera lens didn't look just like mine.  But they said it fit, so I bought it.  Yes, my phone did fit, and it didn't seem to matter about the lens opening.  However!  I was wearing it one day and all of a sudden a siren started going off from my phone! A really LOUD siren.  I've never heard a sound like that coming from my phone!  I turned it off, and went about my business, and the siren went off again!  So that case was a "no-go" for me.

Back to Amazon, looking for phone cases again.  I found another one, and it said it fits my phone, and the camera opening looks right.  I ordered it.  Lo and behold, it's about a quarter of an inch too long for my phone!  Man!  This shouldn't be so hard!  I was really frustrated.

So then I decided to do something that I should have tried in the first place.  I looked on line for a pattern to make a phone case.  And I found one.  This is the link to the site I found on Pinterest.  The name of the website is "SewCanShe," (cute name).  I used these directions as a guide, but deviated somewhat.  I measured my phone and read what size phone this fits, and made mine a little tiny bit wider.  It called for a zippered pocket on the back, but I skipped that part.  In the name of simplicity and speed.  I don't need this for going shopping or anywhere outside, I just want it for indoor use.





Another change I made was not using rotating hardware to clip to the sides.  I didn't have any!  (And in quarantine I can't just run to the store and get some!)  I simply tied a fat knot in my cord that goes around my neck.  



I chose two contrasting blue batiks from my stash, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  I wear it most days at home.  It keeps my phone right by my side.



Thank you, SewCanShe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment