Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Hand Stitching On A Scarf

Way back here I talked about the scarf I started with a piece of shibori dyed silk.  I decided that I finally had enough of the sashiko-style stitching on it, and was ready to finish it.

I used a quilt binding to enclose the ends.  However, I cut the two strips only 1 1/8" wide, because I neither needed nor desired a sturdier binding.  I ironed over 1/4" along the long side, and folded over the short ends.  

Then I sewed the unpressed side of the strip to the end of the scarf. . . 


. . . and ironed it over the cut edges.


Then I simply folded the binding over the raw edge and hand-sewed it down.


All finished! 


I am fortunate enough to have GranddaughterStitches here to model the scarf for me!


 The final dimensions are 21" wide by 64" long, a pretty good size for a scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment