Friday, June 5, 2020

Scrappy Strippy Star Quilt (Part 3 the final)

It's finished!!
Binding, hanging sleeve, label, everything!!



Part 1 of this blog post is here.  And the second part is here.

 It was a windy day, so it's not an optimal photo.  But MisterStitches did a valiant job of holding up the quilt in the gale.  And it shows the quilt!  I'm really happy with this quilt.



Here you can see some of the (minimal) quilting.  I just meandered across the quilt in long undulating curvy lines.  Super simple.  I didn't want dense quilting, because I don't want the quilt to be too "stiff."



When I got to the border I wanted to do something different, so I chose another wiggly design, which almost (but not quite) looks like grass. 



Here is a close-up.  As you can see, almost (but not really!) grass.



And here is the back of the quilt.  The Kaffe Fassett fabric is in the center, with more strip-pieced scraps on the sides.



Isn't this KF fabric pretty!  Now that I've used it, I'm almost sorry that I put it on the back of the quilt, instead of using it for a front of a quilt.  But, on the other hand, I really like to have pretty quilt backs, and this one is very pretty, I think.



Since the quilt is so big, I made a split sleeve for it.  Now I just have to find a dowel that is long enough for it!




I've named it "Scrappy String Star Quilt."  I know.  Not very elegant or creative!  
But it does the job.
Git 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment