Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sisterhood of the Traveling Triangles

I received an oversized brown envelope in the mail today and it had this sticker on it:

Your HSTs are here!

So exciting!!! A couple months ago TheQuiltShow.com (of which I am a member) hosted an exchange. Using pre-printed half square triangle tear-away papers, we could send in as many HSTs as we wanted. They would sort them, exchange them with every other TQS member who sent in HSTs, and then we would get a return package of the same number that we had sent in.

Sewing HSTs in one continuous piece (I think there are 18 HSTs on each sheet of paper) is so very easy, but I limited myself to a total of 84. (Now I wish I had done more!)


Here they are, all laid out on my dining room table. It's so exciting to look at them and see where they all came from. You see, we were asked to put our name and location on the paper portion of the HSTs.

With the above close-up you can see where some of my HSTs used to live.

It's going to be a lot of fun to get them all opened up, pressed, and figure out what to do with them.

Any suggestions for this limited number of HSTs? Or maybe I should make some more.....


And here at the bottom are my "famous" HSTs. The hosts of The Quilt Show, Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson each sewed an HST for everyone involved, and they signed their names on the front side of their little squares.


2 comments:

  1. I think you must make more! And design a new pattern for them, of course.

    ReplyDelete