Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Decoration


This may look like an odd assortment of objects to be holding in my hand, but I promise there is a purpose here!

Two years ago I read an idea on the internet for a Christmas decoration which involved dental floss and little round white stickers. The stickers were attached to each other over top of a length of dental floss, then hung in a window. I made several very long rows of these and hung them up. It almost looked like snowflakes falling!

This year I decided to make a variation on this idea. I used last year's Christmas cards and my one-inch circle punch. I really went crazy punching out colorful parts from the cards! Then I used a glue stick to attach them to dental floss. Just randomly spaced, no measuring involved!


Here is the result, hanging on my front door. I simply put a piece of clear tape at the top and another piece at the bottom. I left a little slack in the hanging lines, so that when the door is opened or closed all the little circles wiggle and twirl and sparkle and look pretty!


5 comments:

  1. I love this! Very good idea, but I will have to pick an inside door for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, anyone else remembering the lines of beads you could hang in a doorway? This makes me think of them. Wonder what this idea would be like if you used different shaped punches...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea. I like the recycle-ability of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! what a great up-cycling project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for your comments. It was fun to do! And I do like using up stuff that would otherwise get tossed. . .

    ReplyDelete