Saturday, August 24, 2013

Art In The Redwoods 2013

Hi again!

I'm really excited because my quilt, "Nature Redesigns Highway One," won second place in the quilting division at Art In The Redwoods this month.  Happy hardly begins to describe my feelings!

I wasn't there at the opening and the judging, but I'm told there were a lot of comments from gallery visitors.  Almost everyone recognized this patch of the highway, which lies just north of our community of Gualala, California.


I blogged about this last year when I put the quilted wall hanging into our guild's challenge show.  Here is the original photo from which I designed the pattern.


And here are a few close-ups of the quilt.


Part of the tree section, where I folded fabric
before fusing it to create the wrinkles.

Tiny snipped grass area.

Flowers were added to the side of the road with my
Bernina felting attachment.

Sky area showing swirly quilting and a felted cloud.

The Art In The Redwoods exhibit will be up till September 1st at the Gualala Arts Center, if you can make it there.

6 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! I really want to see this up close and personal. There is a lot of work invested in it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pam! Come for a visit to check it out closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! It's a wonderful quilt. I can't drive that section of highway 1 without thinking of you! I love that you saw this and translated it so beautifully into a work of art! Creative genius I say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Harmony, for your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete