We were excited to go visit GranddaughterStitches (and her parents) over Halloween. It was fun to spend Halloween in her kindergarten classroom with her, seeing all the kids in their cute costumes, and to witness the excitement in the whole school. It was also great to be able to assist in DaughterStitches's 2nd grade classroom. The whole school was decked out in costumes!
Anticipating our visit there, I embroidered a little pink t-shirt for GranddaughterStitches. I found a pattern on the internet (can't recall where I found it) for a redwork butterfly embroidery. So I used that pattern, but added my own colors to the butterfly.
Here is a close-up of the butterfly. I used blue, light green, and light blue for the colors. Everything was sewn with backstitch except for the dots, for which I used satin stitch. I backed the embroidery area with a nice soft fusible web to stabilize the embroidery.
It actually went quite fast, and I soon finished the embroidery. Then I thought, "That was too easy. I need to do something more."
So I moved on to the bottom of the t-shirt and proceeded to make little embroidered flower and leaf motifs. I added some colors to my palette for the flowers!
And here is GranddaughterStitches wearing her new pink butterfly shirt.
I think it suits her just fine.