Friday, July 15, 2016

What Have I Been Doing?

Yes, I know it's the middle of summer, but I seem to find myself making Christmas ornaments almost all year long!  Partly because my guild has a fund-raising booth at a summertime art festival in August, so we need things like this to sell in the booth.



Here are some close-up samples.


Most of the designs are from patterns I have purchased.  But I made up some of the designs myself.


An easy way was to "print" a word having to do with Christmas.






I drew this Christmas tree pattern.



Here is another of my word ornaments.

I had an amusing conversation with MisterStitches recently about these ornaments.  I told him that I don't think I can ever stop making these ornaments.  If I find that I have some of the small muslin rectangles left over, then I have to cut some more colored strips to make borders.  If I have border strips left over, then I need to cut some more muslin rectangles.  MisterStitches said, "Why don't you just throw the leftover pieces away?"  Now, isn't that a silly thing to say!  And I told him so!!  "I can't just throw fabric away."

He just doesn't seem to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment