Thursday, December 8, 2016

Hand Quilting

MisterStitches and I made a road trip up to Ashland, Oregon (before the weather got colder and wet!), to attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival again.  So as usual, I needed to ready my handwork for the long drive.  I really didn't have much going at the time, so I made up a new project.



I decided on another hand quilting project.  I found some nice light blue fabric (above) with leaves scattered around on it at my local quilt shop, The Loft.  (Fifty percent off, too!!)



I backed it with this nice blue flowered print that I had in my stash--they play very well together, I think.




I'm simply stitching around each of the larger leaves.  




I chose this pretty variegated thread in pastel colors, and I think it looks nice.




And here is my little portable sewing center suction-cupped to the car window!  I can happily stitch away all along the very straight highway.


No comments:

Post a Comment