Wednesday, January 25, 2017

52 Happy Weeks

Disclaimer:  This is not necessarily quilt-related.

Near the end of 2015 I read somewhere--I don't remember where--about an idea where you write down something wonderful that happened during the week and put the paper in a container to save for all year.  I thought that sounded intriguing, so I started doing it.  I wasn't sure at all if I would continue for a whole year, because well, sometimes things happen and I don't follow through on something.


But I continued, and did it for the whole 52 weeks.  At the end of the year, I had this little jelly jar full of strips of paper.  Then I dumped them out on a table, and read through them all.



Here are just a couple of things I'd written down.  It was so interesting to read them, and it gave me lots of smiles.  




Even though it's the last week in January as I write this, I think I'll continue the practice.  Some times last year, I found that I'd gotten behind for a week or two or three.  I would simply look at my calendar to see what I'd been doing during those weeks, and then I could remember something to write down.

I had a good system for remembering to do this.  I have a very messy desk, so setting a small jelly jar on it was no problem at all!  I cut sheets of paper into strips one inch wide.  Then I'd write down:  "1st week in July," and underline that.  After I'd written down my wonderful memory of that week, I cut it off of the longer strip, fold it, and put it in the jar.  Then I immediately wrote "2nd week in July" on the strip, so I would know where I'd left off.  I stuck the long strip of paper right inside the jelly jar with the weekly memories, so it was real handy for me.  I didn't have to look for a piece of paper, and I knew right where I'd left off.

A really good way to count your blessings.

"Thank you for all the good memories throughout the year."

3 comments:

  1. Love this and your clever way of keeping track. You never cease to amaze me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful exercise. Really tuned me into gratitude.

    ReplyDelete