Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Quilt Retreat 2017

 Our annual quilt retreat started on Monday.  This year we are 21 women who all love fabric and quilting and eating.  Here's a photo of a portion of our workroom.




We have seasonally appropriate centerpieces on our eating tables.




Also, appropriate cocktail napkins.



Part of our snack table, before happy hour begins!



I placed this sign on our outside door.



The coffee bar.




Now for a little bit of our work.  (You'll see more in a later post.)

What do you see in this quilt?  Dark cats?  White cats?  No cats?



Here's a close-up to help you see.  I think this quilt is amazing.



This year we are again making squares for a Quilt of Valor.  (See post from last year's retreat.)  Each person used two 10" squares of contrasting fabric to make two half-square triangles.  I love that there are so many ways to arrange HSTs.  

I used light green flannel for my design wall, so please disregard that odd color!




Another arrangement.




I've been working on quilting last year's Quilt of Valor.  (I know--how can it have possibly taken me a whole year to get it put together??!!??  I have no good answer.)  I'll show more later, but I'm doing some straight line quilting, using a decorative stitch, and those curves inside the square parts.


2 comments:

  1. First thing I saw was the dark cats. What a cool quilt!!! Sorry I missed crashing your party this year. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we missed you this year, Harmony. Hopefully we'll see you again next year. ❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete