Wednesday, October 31, 2018

A Little Dress for BabyStitches

I saw this dress sewn up in my local quilt shop, The Loft.  It was so cute that I just had to buy the pattern and make it for BabyStitches.  I chose two different fabrics.  The pretty multi-colored fabric came from that same store, The Loft, and I had the pink print in my stash.



Just so we are all clear on it, the pattern is Kwik Sew #K3775.



It was not the easiest thing I've ever sewn!  In fact, I'll admit that I had to go in to The Loft and ask Marva for some help, as I knew she had already made two of them.  Together, she and I figured out how to put the pieces together.  The unusual thing about this pattern is that there's a front piece, and a back piece, and a side piece.  And it was a little weird how the facings fit with the three different pieces.  But I'm very happy with the result.


Doesn't BabyStitches look lovely, especially wearing Mom's shoes!!??


I put these three pretty yellow sunshine buttons on the front placket.  Yes, I know it is fall, and I have just sewn a sleeveless dress.  But this is California, where the days stay warm longer.  And BabyStitches can always put a little t-shirt on under the dress if it's cool outside.



I found some unusual buttons for the back of the dress.  I was a little nervous about sewing buttonholes, because it's been a long time since I've done any.  And I've never made buttonholes with my newest machine, the Bernina 750.  So I looked in the book, followed the directions, and it was simple!  I held one of the buttons up to the touchscreen of my machine, in the particular corner they told me, and adjusted the corner square (with my stitch length button) so it was the same size as my button.  Then the machine just automatically sewed the buttonhole and it was just the right size!



No comments:

Post a Comment