Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What I've Been Doing

The above photo shows the progress I've made on my Tumbling Blocks Quilt. I'm in the midst of sewing on row 13. This project is not nearly as portable as it used to be!

Here are fabrics that I bought for a new project. Yards of beautiful Kona cottons. I love their vibrant, pure colors. What am I making with this? I'm not going to tell you yet. If you guess it has something to do with a rainbow, that would be a good guess, but it would be incorrect.
In the background is my travel iron and small spray bottle. So this stack of fabrics is not as tall as it appears in the photo!

Yesterday I made this paper-pieced rose. I had to look up in a book to remind myself how to do this technique, but then it went quite well. With only a couple seams that needed to be ripped and sewn again!

This is not intended to be a one-off thing, but part of a larger project. I'll let you know more as it progresses.

* * * * *
I read a good quote today.

"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.
--E.B. White

1 comment:

  1. Love the quote, nice!

    The tumbling quilt is going well! Kudos! Hugs--t

    ReplyDelete