Saturday, July 23, 2011

MissesStitches in the Car

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since my last post. MisterStitches and I have been on a long car trip. I'll tell you more about the trip later. The really interesting news is the sewing I got done along the way! Driving down to Los Angeles and San Diego
involves a lot of very straight driving
along Highway 5. Conditions which
are ideal for me to sew in the car.

I told you previously about preparing all these blocks for embroidery. Now I will show you the progress I made on the blocks.


Here is one I like with little orange daisies.



Another one, and its close-up below.


And then I realized I was running into a problem. I should have thought about how much green thread it was going to take to do all the greenery on these blocks. Silly me!

So now my "mostly-finished" blocks look like the ones below, with flowers, but no greenery.




In this one the flowers are in the shape of a heart, and I'm thinking that shape will show up better once I get the green stems and leaves added.


But I will soon have more green thread, now that I'm back home and can get to a fabric shop!

7 comments:

  1. Looks great and kind of makes me want to do some embroidery again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can NEVER have too much green thread!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pam! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

    Linda, that is something I must, must remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice embroidery work! The blocks look delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Teresa. I just finished the last square today. (We're on another road trip!). Will update the blog soon. This embroidery has been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete