Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mystery Quilt Part I

McCalls Quilting magazine recently had an article which explained a three-part mystery quilt they are publishing. Some of my quilting buddies and I decided to make this mystery quilt. I opted (as did some of the others) to make a Quilt of Valor, so I chose some red, white, and blue fabrics. I really would have liked to use up some of my fabric stash, but didn't have anything appropriate, so I went shopping at one of my favorite quilt shops, The Loft.

Here are the fabrics I chose.




For the first part of the mystery, I made two different blocks. One a simple quarter square triangle, and the other a similar block with only three pieces. Of course, the directions had me cut the binding fabric first. Here are my completed blocks so far.




I'll keep you updated on my progress here. This magazine only comes every other month, so I don't feel too much pressure! Even I should be able to complete the assigned blocks in a two-month period, right!?!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there MissesStitches, Happy New Year 2012!

    Your fabrics are very pretty and so are the blocks you have made for your quilt so far. Quilting is easier than I make it to be, isn't it?

    MNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. M, it doesn't have to be too hard. Just sewing pieces of fabric together! Jump back in.

    ReplyDelete