Thursday, March 7, 2013

Hawaiian Applique Pillow

I finished the Hawaiian appliqué project which I had started a while ago.  (See this post and/or this post.)

It took a couple of tries to get the pillow right!  First of all, I squared up the pillow, then sewed it to the back pieces.  But what I saw was the red design almost squished out of recognition, being on the very edges of the pillow.

So I took it apart and added very small white borders.  Of course, I had to re-cut the back, but that was ok.  I like how it looks now a lot better.

This was zipped off to MomandDadStitches for Christmas.

I think I'll try another Hawaiian appliqué soon.