Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Newborn Children's Hats

My friend Roz introduced me to The Baby Bonnet Project, a program which provides newborn hats to infants in foreign countries.  Often, newborn babies in these countries die simply from exposure to low temperatures.  These caps will help to mitigate the problem.


Roz shared with me some crochet patterns for baby caps.  She is a knitter herself.  These, as you might guess, are quick and easy to whip up.  They don't take much yarn, either.


There are two different patterns shown here, although I altered one pattern to make it a little bit less complicated.  And while I was visiting MomStitches last month, she got interested and made a few, too!



I actually think they are quite cute.  And did I say that they are fun to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment