Monday, June 20, 2016

Blue Jeans and Lace

Pinterest can either be a blessing or a curse, I guess, depending on how much time you spend waste there!  I use pinterest to keep track of patterns I find and ideas that I want to try.  They send me many emails of ideas that they think I will like.  While I often ignore those emails, sometimes I look at them.

And that's how I found this idea for decorating blue jeans with lace.  It was from a blog that you can visit here.


I have a bag full of lace pieces and trimmings, so I went to it and pulled out this piece.  First it needed to be ironed.  You can see that it is about 2 1/2 inches wide.



On the inside of the pants hem, I pinned, then sewed the edge of the lace onto the pants.




Then I folded the remaining part up onto the right side of the pant leg and sewed around the edge of it.



Very easy.  Hardly took any time at all!




And here is the finished product.




Now I'm thinking that I should add some lace edging to the pockets maybe, or somewhere else on the jeans.  Maybe on a different pair of jeans.  Who knows what I'll come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment