Monday, September 26, 2016

Hand Quilting On The Road

MisterStitches and I recently took a road trip to Ashland, Oregon to attend the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.  It is a full day of driving, mostly straight highways.  So I took along a project to keep my hands busy.

I wanted to do some hand quilting, so I found some light blue fabric at my LQS, The Loft.  After washing and ironing, I sandwiched it with some backing fabric that I had in my stash.  I decided to hand quilt around the edges of the leaves on the fabric.  


I chose this cute variegated thread that I already had on hand for the quilting.





I really enjoy hand quilting.  It is so relaxing and peaceful to me.  (Except when I poke myself with the needle!)



 This is the backing fabric that I chose.  The stitches hardly show on it.




And of course, I used my trusty portable sewing station that I could attach to the car window.  It is so handy!


No comments:

Post a Comment