Monday, June 4, 2018

Pet Beds

In the name of cleaning up in my studio a little bit I sewed some pet beds recently.  That at least got rid of two pairs of jeans lying around in my studio and a few bags of fabric scraps.



 Two of them were made from some wild pink knit fabric.  I recognize it as coming from my The Loft, my LQS (local quilt store).

I got three beds made today.  The plaid one is from MisterStitches old jeans.  They were the warm kind, lined with flannel.  I thought that might make a comfy pet bed.  The bed isn't square because, as you know, pant legs are usually tapered.  But I don't think that will bother the pets!




 The pink fabric was given to me last week by someone who said it is for my pet beds.  I wasn't sure if it was to be the outsides of the beds, or just get put inside, but I chose to make some beds out of it.  There is still over a yard left, and all my fabric scraps are gone now.  I might save some of this pink fabric to make some leggings for GranddaughterStitches when she comes this summer.  In fact, I think I may have made her some leggings out of this very fabric a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment