Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Some More Greeting Cards

I don't know if I've told you this, but I've recently started going to get-togethers of a local collage group.  A friend of mine invited me, and I really enjoy it.

Most of the other people are working on collages, and I've recently started a collage, but generally I use my time there to make cards.  They have a ton of collected "goodies" that are wonderful for collaging or making cards.  

old books to cut into
old sheet music
old photos and postcards
tons of rubber stamps
different types of papers
trims
markers
old calendars
old art books
etc, etc


Last time I took in some hexie templates, and cut some out of paper for the card in the upper left.  I thought if I could sew with hexies, maybe I could make cards with paper hexies.


For the card below I put a piece of pink fabric behind the two butterfly pictures.



Below is a really nice piece of handmade paper that I took to make into a card.  The shadows in the photo really show the texture nicely.



Here's another batch of cards I made.



I used washi tape to make this card.



Below are some examples of the beautiful old papers that are available at the collage group. 
(Some of the things are mine, too!)



This "reedy" thing looks like it is a piece of sushi roller.



I also used some laces and sewing pattern pieces.



It's a fun group, with great people, and I get lots of different ideas when I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment