Monday, August 13, 2018

More Aprons For TwoFish Bakery

It was time to make some more aprons for the wonderful bakers and workers over at TwoFish Bakery.  I gathered my fabrics and started preparations.  I planned to make seven aprons.  So I needed 14 different fabrics.  I put them into pairs--two that play fairly well together.  I use one fabric for the outside and its "friend" on the inside.  And the aprons are therefore reversible.

Most of these fabrics had been bought with aprons in mind when I found them on sale for $3.00 per yard.  (What a deal, right!?!)

Here you can see that I traced the paper pattern onto interfacing.  I've used it enough times that it is getting very worn.  Making this copy was a very good idea.  You can see that it is Kwik Sew pattern #2311.  It takes one yard of fabric for each side of the apron.



I worked on this project assembly-line style.  First I cut out the two fabrics at once (4 layers of fabric, with the pattern laid on the fold.)  

I took all of the pocket pieces and pinned them together. Then sewed them all together.  Then turned them all right side out.  Then pressed all of them.  Then pinned them all onto the apron pieces.  This worked way better than making one apron all the way through at one time.



Here are all the straps laying together.



And here is the big pile of finished aprons before they got ironed.



 And here they all are, one at a time.  This might be a little boring, so you can go through them quickly if you want!

Beautiful Kaffe Fassett fabric!

A pretty, "retro" fabric.

This "garden" fabric is leftover from BabyStitches quilt.

The beautiful Kaffe fabric again, paired with a different print.

A light and pretty floral. 

This paisley and check are both rust colors--almost brown.  They go together so well.

And this bold black floral print.
Here all seven are draped over the chair at once!



And stacked up. . .


. . . and showing the contrasting pockets.


A good job finished.  It is very rewarding to make these aprons, because the recipients like them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment