Monday, August 5, 2019

Upcycling Art Exhibit

At our local Gualala Arts Center there was an Upcycling Art Exhibit in April.  And here is what I entered into the show.


I make a lot of dog/cat beds, as you know.  So I thought I would "class one up" a little bit for this show.  Taking a discarded shirt of MisterStitches, I cut a large rectangle out of it for the body of the dog bed.  Then I sewed up the placket so it would be "sealed."  I rather roughly embroidered "Bow Wow" onto the shirt front.  If I had thought about it for even a little bit, I would have remembered to put some interfacing or another piece of fabric under the embroidery.  But I forgot about that.  So the words are slightly gathered.  I doubt if any animals will mind that!  

I stuffed this shirt full of discarded quilting scraps, then sewed up the opening.  Someone suggested to me that I should take the buttons off, so a dog won't bite them off.  And I fully agree with that, so off came the buttons!  All ready for a doggie to snuggle in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment