Friday, October 4, 2019

A New Comforter Cover

Our comforter cover was really, really showing its age (don't we all!!), and I knew it had to be replaced.  Several years ago I had sewn this strip of blocks together, because I wanted to understand the process.  Here are the basic instructions for making this type of strip.  It has hung around for quite a while, patiently waiting to be used.



It worked perfectly as a "strip of interest" on a comforter cover.  (Is this supposed to be called a duvet? Or is the duvet the comforter that is inside?  I'm really confused by these words.)  I used a spare sheet that I had, and after measuring carefully, I just top-sewed the strip to the sheet. 



You can see that I used the top of the sheet for the bottom of the comforter cover, so it has a nicely finished hemmed edge.  I hand-sewed extra-large snaps to the bottom of the cover to close it.


No comments:

Post a Comment