Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A New Bag From Scraps!

While at retreat, someone turned up with some upholstery fabric samples.  As it's hard for me to throw anything away (did I just admit that out loud?!?) (But seriously, if I can't use it, I can always put it in a dog bed.), I brought the samples home with me.  After trimming off the paper label end, I had some nice rectangles.  So I used up eight of them to make a tote bag.  




I even boxed the bottom corners, to give the bag some dimension.  

As there were unfinished seams inside, I decided it needed a lining.  I used the bottom of a black San Francisco Giants t-shirt for the lining!  (I tried to take a picture, but a photo of black?  Doesn't work so well.)

And the handles are from a piece of leftover bedsheet fabric.

Below is the other side the tote.




These shots show the pretty pattern of the fabric.





There are some more upholstery fabric squares, so maybe I'll make another one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment