Monday, April 13, 2020

Alphabet Embroidery

 A blogging friend of mine, Jenny of Elefantz, designed an embroidered alphabet set last year, and gave away the instructions on her website/blog.  (I think they are still available in her shop to buy.)  They are so cute, and I've now finished all 26 of them.  Jenny had designed them with the idea of making them into pin cushions.  I thought about that.  You can see in the photo below that I sewed two extra pieces of fabric onto the letter "b" in anticipation making a pin cushion

But I wasn't sure I wanted to make that many pin cushions!  My plan now is to maybe make them into Christmas tree ornaments, but I haven't made up my mind for sure.  Maybe I'll use them as little blocks in an alphabet baby quilt.




You can see some of the cute details in the following pictures.  
The little heart hanging from the letter "c," 




the flower on the letter "e,"



and the cute orange flower on the letter "f."



MisterStitches and I were talking about the letters.  I had just showed them all pinned up on my design wall.  He suggested that I make a decorative alphabet of my own.  I think I might just do that!


I'll keep you posted on any design ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment