Monday, December 28, 2020

1504 Lakeside Avenue

I have been wanting to make a certain embroided wall hanging for quite a while.  So I finally got around to it this fall.


Here is a photo of my parents' house.  I had a regular-size photo, which I xeroxed and enlarged.  I outlined the important parts of the house. 



Then I traced it onto tracing paper.  I had always thought that I'd make this a red-work project.  But then I thought, red isn't exactly my mom's favorite color.  Oftentimes one also sees "blue-work" and "black-work."  But in the end I decided to make it multi-color.



I had a lot of fun with this embroidery.  I used Frixion pens to transfer the image from the tracing paper onto the fabric.  It was a piece of fabric that I had tea-dyed a long time ago, and it had a fusible lining on the back.

I'll show you some of the detail.






Finished with the embroidery, I had to decide on border(s).  These next four photos are really poor quality, but all I was wanting to see was color combinations.






I finally decided on a green flange with the brown grunge fabric.



Of course, I added a hanging sleeve and a label before mailing it to MomStitches for Christmas.  
Of course, I forgot to measure it, but it's not real huge, maybe 15 inches wide(?).

No comments:

Post a Comment