Saturday, January 2, 2010

Coasters, Coasters, and more Coasters







I had recently posted about making some coasters and wine glass holders using my Bear Patch Bits 5" squares. Here is a picture of those coasters.





I got very busy sewing some more of them last week. We had a houseful of wonderful guests here, and they were interested in the above coasters. So I brought out my nicely-organized (about which SisterStitches teases me!) plastic box of 5" squares and let people choose which squares they wanted for their coasters/wine glass holders. They had a lot of fun choosing colors and prints and putting different fabrics together.






That kept me busy sewing up all these little guys. They are incredibly easy to make. The beautiful thing about the pattern is that there is no hand-sewing necessary, and no raw edges visible.
















This recent batch I made is slightly different, in that the patchwork design on top is done diagonally; instead of seeing four little squares, we see four little triangles. The pattern is by Daphne Greig.

So far I have made 27 diagonal coasters, in addition to the 12 I had made previously. The scary thing, though, is that I don't think I'm anywhere near done!



1 comment:

  1. Misses Stitches,

    These coasters beat the store bought ones, they're very unique and neatly made. I sure like them a lot.

    MNE

    ReplyDelete