I have finally tried doing some redwork! I've always admired it, and meant to try it, so I finally did.
I bought some plain white toweling fabric at a fabric store, then set about looking for redwork (or any uncomplicated embroidery) patterns on my computer.
My light box is a piece of paper and fabric taped onto a window. I used a brown Micron pen to trace the image.
Drinking tea is one of my favorite pastimes, so I found a cute little picture of a teapot. (I added the steam coming out of the spout.)
On the other end of the tea towel I embroidered a messy little jam pot. I thought that went very well with the teapot. The little seeds on the strawberry were fun to make!
My thanks to MisterStitches for helping me resize things on my computer, so the jam pot wouldn't be bigger than the teapot!