Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quilt Retreat

I had the most wonderful time last week. I went on a mini-retreat with four other quilting friends of mine. We stayed at one friend's second house for three nights and boy, did we get a lot of sewing done. We were often up sewing till 11 or 12 at night. It was great fun.

I added a brown binding to this mini-quilt wall hanging (shown previously here). Unfortunately, I didn't have the right fabric to make a label, but I got the binding finished and the sleeve sewn on.


I also worked on piecing together these red strips for another quilt I'm working on. It is from a Kaffe Fassett pattern that I found in a magazine. I was struck by the simplicity of it. The whole thing is 5 1/2" strips, joined at a 60 degree angle to each other. The impetus for this quilt? My stack of red fabrics was getting too high to fit on the shelf!


Here is a photo of our little Bernina sweatshop set up in the kitchen. Four Berninas, plus one in a bedroom! Those machines were sure humming...

And here's a photo of the five of us when we went out to dinner one night. Yum!

I added sashing to some blocks to make a baby quilt...

Here is Gail's quilt, which she had just finished machine quilting. It looks great--little Dora the Explorer fabrics, mixed with frog fabrics.

Joyce finished up this simple sailing ship comfort quilt for our guild.

On the last day, when we were all heading home, Joyce's husband Larry showed up with a bouquet of flowers for each of us. I was blown away.
Aren't they pretty!!!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment