Monday, February 28, 2011

Quilt Shows

I was lucky this past weekend to attend not just one, but two quilt shows!

The first one was the Bay Area Quilt, Craft & Sewing Festival. Lots of interesting vendors, some good shopping, make & takes, and some really beautiful quilts.

I found a couple new toys, some fabric, and a Koala sewing table. I can't wait till it gets delivered.

* * *

The second show was the San Francisco Quilters Guild bi-annual quilt show. A lot more quilts and fewer vendors at this venue. Some gorgeous, amazing quilts. I ran into a couple friends there, which was a nice surprise.

The two featured artists were Marcia Stein and Janet Mednick, both San Francisco-based quilters. During the day there were scheduled walk/talks with each of them. They would walk with a group of people throughout their exhibited quilts, and talk about them. Both very talented women, and both incredible quilters.

I found some nice toys at this quilt show, too, but I spent most of my time admiring all the quilts on display. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, so I can't share any of them with you. You'll have to take my word for it: they were amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment