I recently made myself a new bag to take to Giants games. This is the same pattern as my previous bag, which had gotten dirty and a little worn--time for a replacement!
I traced a San Francisco Giants logo and embroidered it onto the outer flap. You can see there is a zipper pocket on the outside.
This time I chose to use orange and black Kona cotton, instead of the baseball prints. I'm guessing that a black binding will not show very much grubbiness!
This is a view of the inside, after the flap is lifted. There is a zipper pocket, and also an expandable (pleated) pocket, which is a perfect fit for my iPhone.
And another pocket on the back of the bag.
I decided to try a magnetic closure this time, and sewed it inside the fabric layers. But I'm not sure it will be strong enough, so I think I'll add a black velcro closure, too.