Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fun With Paper Piecing


I had some great fun sewing Christmas ornaments this past week.  I really think paper piecing is fun, and I love what small "pictures" can be created, with such precision.



The three above are Carol Doak patterns, available free on her website.


Look at that tiny candle above with its itty-bitty flame.  The flame measures 5/16" tall.



I liked the zig-zaggy strips at the middle of this ornament.



Mr. Snowman still needs some work (embroidery) to give him a face and some buttons.



I love this tree.  And with so few pieces, it's very easy to put together. 

* * *

And then I made a couple more, that were not paper pieced.



This one took a little fussing, but in the end turned out well.  I think the second one will be a lot easier.


And here is a teeny tiny Christmas quilt!

I love making Christmas ornaments.  My goal is to have a tree with nothing but hand-made ornaments.  
"Made in the U.S.A."

No comments:

Post a Comment