Saturday, July 11, 2020

Birthday for GranddaughterStitches

GranddaughterStitches had another birthday in May.  How in the world did she get to be twelve years old already!?!?!  I'm not sure if she still wants to wear a shirt with her age on it.  So I made the number on this shirt a little more subtle.







And did I mention that GranddaughterStitches loves chickens???  So I made her a chicken pillowcase.  I found the cute chicken fabric, then threw in a couple other colors to complement it.





After that pillowcase, I decided to make another pillowcase with her name on it.  I found some really pretty batiks in my stash to use.  For all of my machine appliqué projects, I fuse the number or letters to the background fabric, then do machine blanket stitch around the edges.





Then on the back of the pillowcase, I put her age, twelve. 



I think GranddaughterStitches really likes her two pillowcases.




No comments:

Post a Comment