Friday, July 24, 2020

Pattern File Box

I store a lot of my patterns in a file cabinet beside my machine.  That works pretty well.  But I noticed that the files were getting "messed up" with the smaller patterns (the kind that usually come in plastic covers).  They didn't fit the 8 1/2" x 11" format of the file drawer!

 Then I found this small file box.  (Sorry, I can't remember where I ordered it.  It's been sitting around for a while!!)  And I put all of the smaller, plastic-covered patterns in it.  They fit very well.  Just right!  

But I realized that I would have to look through the whole box to find a particular pattern.  That was when I decided to make file divider cards for it.  






Cereal boxes to the rescue!!  Really, they have so many uses, don't they.  What would we do without cereal boxes?

 



I used my stash of paper (for making cards) to cover both sides of the cardboard.  Here's the one for Christmas items.




SisterStitches produces patterns of her own to sell, so she got a file section all of her own!




This photo shows the process of auditioning papers.  Yes, just like we do with fabric!!



It turned out just slightly different in the final version.



And here is the final view!  Nice and orderly, and not bad looking, either!  I debated about whether to seal the dividers with ModPodge.  But I don't think they'll get so much handling that they will get damaged.  And besides, Finished is good, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment