Sunday, August 2, 2020

Five-Minute Craft

This really does take only about five minutes!  Super simple.  And, no machine needed.  (Although you could use it, if you'd prefer.)

I found this cute little denim "container" on good old Pinterest.  Here is the link.




You start with the bottom leg portion of some jeans.  The hem on the jeans makes for a nice finished edge on the top of the resulting container.  Below you can see that I'm hand-stitching the upper portion of the leg together.




Next I pushed open the sewn-up leg and sewed across the shorter ends to box off the bottom of the container.



This is just a view of the other side of this boxing-off seam.  You can see where the hand-sewn seam intersects the side seam of the jeans.



Then simply turn it right side out, fold down the top a little, and sew on a button if you like.  Or a pin.  Or a brooch.  Or a ribbon bow. Or a different kind of embellishment.  


I've been using this on my sewing table to toss in little scraps that are big enough to cut into 2" x 2" squares.

I should add that I used a pair of my own jeans for this project.  I could get a bigger denim container if I used a pair of MisterStitches's jeans, because they have a wider leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment