Sunday, November 8, 2015

For MisterStitches

MisterStitches had a birthday recently.  As I was thinking about what to give him, I had an idea.  We really don't give each other birthday presents in a big way any more, as we don't need any more "stuff."  We do make a special point to go out to dinner to celebrate, though.

But I wanted to give him a little something.  So I decided to make him some baseball-themed fabric coasters.  He always uses a coaster at his desk.  And here is what I came up with.


I used some nice baseball fabric that I ordered from Bear Patch Quilting Company, in Minnesota.  The baseballs on this fabric have a used, rather old look to them.  And I paired it with some of my brown grunge fabric by Moda to make a little bit larger mug rug. 



You can see that I also used some San Francisco Giants fabric, too, his favorite team.

MisterStitches was very happy with his present, and told me it was one of the best presents he's gotten.  (Really--he was serious!)



No comments:

Post a Comment