Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sewing Foot Pedal Stand, or, My Son Is Wonderful!

My son recently noticed the cobbled-together arrangement I had under my sewing table. I needed to have my foot pedal slightly elevated, so my knee could be at a right angle. Then I needed to have my left foot elevated, so it was even with my right foot/leg. (I think I was using a plastic strawberry box or something totally dumb like that, and a drawer divider.) Wonderful SonStitches asked if I'd like him to build me something to rest my feet on. And HERE IT IS!!


He designed a cut-out place where my foot pedal can fit right into. (see second photo) It is wonderfully sturdy, but not too heavy. I think it will look very cute when I paint it with something whimsical, and I also think I'll ask MisterStitches to add a simple handle onto the side, so that I can carry it to another location easily.






This shows the cut-out portion. Isn't my son clever!?!











6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful son to craft this for you! All those college credits have finally paid off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Pam! Should have sent him to the Jared Herbert Woodworking College, shouldn't I!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome, he should sell those! I know so many sewers with their peddles on phonebooks! Thanks for stopping by and adding your link! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is, Harmony. Makes for much more comfortable sewing. My son is the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Allison, this sure beats a phone book. It's really important to have things like sewing machines, foot pedals, computers, etc at the right height for our body.

    ReplyDelete