Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thank you to "The Quilt Show"

I was totally taken by surprise when I received an email from TheQuiltShow.com, telling me that there had been a drawing and I had won a cd copy of Prayers For Sale by Sandra Dallas. (Frankly, for more than one second, I thought it was an email scam!) But last week the package arrived, and I am so excited to get to listen to this book. It's so fun to WIN something, and I love to listen to books on tape while I'm driving in the car, so this is really great. And it's good timing, too, since I'm almost finished listening to Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and will need another book to listen to very soon. So, "Thank you, TQS!"


In case you aren't familiar with it, please check out the website for The Quilt Show. It is an online quilting show, hosted by Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. One subscribes for a year at a time, then has online access to the shows they produce. I've been subscribing to it since they started (4 years ago?), and really enjoy their shows. They have some really awesome guests on the show. Now, I don't get a percentage of their profits or anything, but the whole thing is more than a quilting show. It's really a whole quilting community, with chat rooms, blogs, members' own little spaces showing their quilts, and other photos and information. You can find me there as MissesStitches (what a coincidence, right!), although I have to confess that I don't keep up on that site as well as I could.

Has anyone out there read Prayers for Sale? I'll let you know what I think of it when I finish the book.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Jan, you are the weiner! Woops, I mean winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken like a true sister! Uh, thanks, I guess!!

    I started listening to Prayers for Sale today in the car. I like it. Had to turn it off before I arrived at my destination, though, as it produced a couple tears (I was in the mood anyway...).

    ReplyDelete