Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Baby Quilt

Here is a baby quilt I've just finished for a really good friend's third grandson. Not knowing if this baby was going to be a boy or a girl, I tried to stick with fairly gender-neutral fabrics. If this fabric looks familiar, you may have seen it in earlier posts here and here, when I posted the method for making a Stack & Whack quilt (or Slash Your Stash, or one of many other possible names!)
The baby has been born, a very healthy hearty big boy, who wasted no time coming into the world. Apparently he was born something like 17 minutes after mom got to the hospital!

Anyway, here is the quilt I made for him. I interspersed stack and whack blocks with solid blocks, as you can see in the photo above.

I haven't made very many scrappy bindings, but I did here, and was really happy with it.

The quilting went super fast and was a lot of fun. I made a "crazy daisy" design in the center of each square. A very easy and forgiving design. It was fun to do, too. I used a decorative stitch to go down each side of the sashing strips, and a different decorative stitch around the perimeter of it all.

Here you can see the flannel I used for the backing to make it nice and snuggly for this little baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment