Sunday, May 29, 2011

Trip to Ashland, Oregon


MisterStitches and I just made another little trip up to Ashland, Oregon, to go to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival again. It was a very nice trip, as usual, on several different levels.

We saw a great production of Julius Caesar, To Kill a Mockingbird which was fabulous, The Language Archive, and The Imaginary Invalid by Moliere, which was hysterical.


* * * * *

And I got to make another visit to one of my favorite quilt shops, Fabric of Vision. Sandy, the owner, always has such interesting fabrics in stock. Besides the usual quilting cottons, Sandy
also carries some intere
sting fabrics like voiles and beautiful linens.

Here are the two neutrals I found that were calling out my name. As Alex Anderson says, you can never have too many neutrals. And that's not a category I collect very much. These are really some beautiful fabrics.

And here is a little "kit" they
had made up including two fabrics and a Valorie Wells pattern for a Little Wallet. I think these will be fun to sew.


* * * * *

I also got a lot of handwork done during the several-hour drive. I finished up this Hawaiian quilt square, which I started earlier this year, working on it a lot while we drove to Phoenix for Giants spring training. You can see the beginning of it here.


Here's a close-up of some of the hand-quilting I did on it. I really enjoy doing this kind of work.


The rhythm of the stitching is relaxing to me.

2 comments: