Sunday, March 11, 2012

Guild Challenge


My guild's annual quilt challenge show is coming up in less than a month. This year I am heading up that committee. Above you can see the poster for the quilt show. I'm very excited about it. This is the 16th year that my guild, Pacific Piecemakers Quilt Guild, has had a challenge. And it's the 6th time that I have participated (ever since I've been a member). This is always one of the highlights of the year for us. The participation tends to ebb and flow, but last year we had about 80 quilts! Not sure if I'll get that many this year, but I'm hoping for a good turnout.

Every year there is a different theme, and this year's theme, as you can see, is West Coast Splendor. I expect to see many representations of coastal beauty in our quilts.

I have one quilt almost finished, but I can't show you a photo of it yet, because some of us like to keep our quilts a surprise from our fellow guild-members. And I had an idea last week for a second quilt to enter. So I've started work on it, and hope to have it completed in time. It will be a very small wall hanging. I can, however, show you some sneak peeks.


You're not surprised to see hexagons, are you!?!





3 comments:

  1. thanks for the sneak peek! I look forward to seeing it in person. :) You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhmm... this looks very interesting, I can hardly wait to see the rest, what a teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost done with both of my quilts. The show opens April 6, so I will post photos after that.

    ReplyDelete