Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sewing


Here is a toy stuffed owl that I made for my dear granddaughter.  Thanks much to Susan Beal for the pattern, which appears in her book Button It Up.  You can find this at buttonitupbook.wordpress.com 

Also, the beautiful fabric I used came from Harmonyart.com.

He (she?) is properly titled Big-eyed Owl Button Toy.  I made just a couple alterations to Susan's pattern.  I used fabric instead of

felt, and I appliqued on the eyes and beak, instead of using buttons, since DGD is only a baby, after all.  And none of likes baby swallowing a button, do we!!!

It all went together easily and quickly.  Now I want to make some more, maybe using some of that lovely-feeling (but not so lovely to sew with!) minky fabric.

2 comments:

  1. Love this little guy! Thanks for bring the fabric to life in such a cute way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Harmony! And thanks for the great fabric. (Just used some more of the green today!)

    ReplyDelete