Sunday, August 30, 2009

Blue Flower Quilt

Finally finished my blue flower quilt last week. Not too bad, for starting it in June. I needed some handwork to do for a long car trip, so I bought this blue flowered print. Yes, technically this quilt is a cheater! I quilted all around the scalloped edge of the flowers, and the inside dark blue circle.








I found some cute blue polka dot fabric for the backing, and I think it shows off the quilting quite nicely.

I really enjoy hand-quilting; I find it very relaxing. And very satisfying. Thanks to the great Clover Black Gold needles that SisterStitches gave me, it went quite smoothly.

I'm going to keep this quilt at my house for when BabyStitches comes to visit. It will be her quilt for when she's at Nanna's (MissesStitches's) house. It's not real big--a good size for a lap quilt or a snuggle quilt.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Harmony! It was a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much cheating going on with this quilt, beautifully hand-quilted. I prefer to think of it as quilting smarter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thanks SisterStitches. Your compliments mean a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that flower fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment; the flower fabric is a Japanese print. I found it in a small (I mean tiny!) quilt shop in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete