Friday, August 21, 2009

"Quote" Day

I had lunch with dear MisterStitches last week at an Italian restaurant in San Francisco. On the table were small cards like the one below with a short poem by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. You can click on the photo to make it bigger, but it is a little difficult to read, so I've reprinted it below:

Recipe For Happiness In Khabarovsk Or Anyplace

One grand boulevard with trees
with one grand cafe in sun
with strong black coffee in very small cups.

One not necessarily very beautiful
man or woman who loves you.

One fine day.


It's just such a nice and
simple sentiment. So I'm
sharing it with you!
Khabarovsk, by the way
is in Russia.





This quote was in the SF Chronicle last week, in a column that always has a "public eavesdropping" item. Tim Lincecum is a fantastic young pitcher for the SF Giants. It is always a joy to see him go out to the mound. Although I'm not one to usually have an imaginary boyfriend, I think Timmy would probably make a good one. I have to say though, that given my age, I'm a lot more likely to adopt Tim than have him as a boyfriend!


No comments:

Post a Comment