Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Project

Here's a little project that I did recently. The jeans in the photo above are my flannel-lined jeans. These are necessary to have when attending a Giants game in San Francisco at night-time. Those night games are can be really frigid. (I should show you the heavy-duty parka that I also wear to night games!)

These nice warm jeans have been washed many times, and as a result have gotten shorter and shorter. (It was embarrassing!) But I didn't just want to buy a new pair. They're not worn out; I only wear them to baseball games, sit and shiver in them for three hours, then go home.
So I decided to lengthen them by adding a fake cuff. I had this plaid flannel left over from the large pillow I made for SonStitches when he went off to college. Perfect, I thought! But the flannel was a lot thinner fabric than the denim, so I layered the flannel with a heavy fabric that was leftover from the curtains in our house. I sort of treated the two fabrics as one, but without using any fusing.

Now I won't have to be ashamed of my "high water pants!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the left over flannel from my well loved pillow will now contribute to your viewing pleasure at Giants games!

    And nice slide show btw.

    -SonStiches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, kids. I'm glad you approve!!

    ReplyDelete